Certified Angus Beef
Practical real-world experience. Writing coaches and career mentors. And, of course, really good beef.
These are just a few of the reasons college students who are interested in the beef industry and communications should consider applying for our communications internships.
We need you to help tell the Certified Angus Beef (CAB) story to our stakeholders across the entire beef supply chain. Interns are valuable team members, contributing regularly to news stories, video scripts, website posts, social media, photography and videography. Being a self-starter is important to your success, along with accountability and a desire to learn about all facets of communication.
Whether your target career is journalism, public relations, marketing or anything else in the beef industry, we promise to equip you with skills employers are seeking. Read more about where previous interns are now.
Public Relations Intern
Help us monitor brand mentions and emerging issues in trade and top-tier media. Some writing will be required for the brand newsroom.
Engage audiences through news releases, feature stories and content for the brand’s rancher-facing social media accounts and website.
Digital Marketing Intern
Strategize, create and post content for the brand’s 24 social media channels. Use writing and video skills to create campaigns, promotions, feed posts and stories
Do you have what it takes?
- Superior writing and editing skills that connect with audience in their language
- Self-starter, independent to complete deadlines and manage time
- Detailed organizational skills and follow-up
- Forward-thinking, creative problem solver
- Demonstrate knowledge of project management across teams, including plan development and execution, with a strong focus on details and time management
- Strong communicator, both verbally and written, and enjoys working independently as well as part of a larger team.
- Ability to operate a camera for photos and video
- Adobe Suite, Experience in WordPress preferred, not required
- Proficient on how to navigate social sites such as Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and Instagram
“Certified Angus Beef proved to me time and time again the importance of a positive, efficient work environment. Not only did my internship sharpen my skills in telling the beef story, but it provided multiple opportunities to make industry connections.”
“This internship is the best writing opportunity in the beef industry. My confidence, communications skills and storytelling blossomed. Even working remotely I felt welcomed by the talented and inspiring team members.”
“I learned how to share valuable, insightful and relevant information with cattleman using a variety of media. The experience challenged me to step outside of my comfort zone, think creatively and seek continuous improvement.”
How to apply
The application requires a cover letter, resume and a link to your online portfolio. Selected interns may be asked to travel to the Ohio office for training opportunities. Other training will be in the field or via phone and email.
Applications are closed for 2022. Please check back next fall for 2023 opportunities.